Tuesday 21 April 2015

Rimmel Brow This Way Eyebrow Kit Review | SimplyMe

 
I used to use a very old eyeshadow palette from an un-known brand to do my brows. As I said, it wasn't branded and it didn't have a colour name or anything. Therefore, I could repurchase it if I got used to it and liked it.
What's the point of using it then really? I didn't like it too badly anyway.
 
So, I went out and looked around Boots with two of my friends while we were in town.
 
I saw the Rimmel Brow This Way products while scanning through the stall and I remembered all the good reviews they had.
However, I had seen reviews on the gel and pencil, but not on the kit. So, I decided to try it out!
 
 
I have the colour 003 dark brown, which was the darkest shade there, although I'm not sure whether this is the darkest in the collection.
 
The product comes with a wax on the left and a powder eyeshadow on the right, which is lighter than the wax.
 
Both are quite pigmented and I will leave a swatch photo below.

 
Also, I use both these products on my angled smoky eye brush from H&M. Its only a few pounds and totally worth it as it's a great overall quality!
 
I run the wax through my brows first to create the shape and begin to lock them in place. Its great for this and it lasts pretty much all day! However, I do use a setting gel at the end.
 
Next, I dust the powder precisely over top of the wax to create a more textured look and to set the wax into place. I also use this at the front of my brow to create a very slight ombred effect.
 
As I said before, these brow products stay in place for most of the day, however they turn out slightly faded by the end of the afternoon.
Therefore, I do still set my eyebrows with the Maybelline Brow Drama Gel in Clear. This just makes sure they are locked in place.
 
Overall, I would recommend the Rimmel Brow This Way kit as its quite longwearing and comes in a few colours. They are also very pigmented and easy to use.
Please leave your eyebrow recommendations below and I hope that you enjoyed this review!

SimplyMe


No comments:

Post a Comment