Friday 6 February 2015

Rimmel Lasting Foundation Review | SimplyMe

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be reviewing a foundation that I brought just after Christmas. This product is from the Rimmel London range and its called the Lasting Finish 25 hour Foundation. Currently it ranges from a price of £5-£8 at different places such as boots and the feel unique website.
 
To begin with, this foundation has a name which states that it is able to last for 25 hours. Firstly, unless you are going to stay up for a whole day, night and more, you aren't actually going to be wearing your makeup for that long amount of time. I apply my makeup at around 6.50am and I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder over top. This is because I have quite oily skin and it sets my makeup in place. However, by 12.00pm at lunch my foundation has begun to rub off and pretty much just looks like you haven't blended it at all. Therefore, it definitely doesn't have the staying power of 25 hours!
 

On the back of the foundation bottle it states that its a full coverage product, but in my opinion it isn't. I would say that its more on the lower medium scale if we were to put it into that context. However, this Rimmel foundation is buildable but that would require over 2 full layers, which obviously isn't great for your skin at all.
 
However, this product does have some advantages too. These are things such as the price, as its so cheap! Therefore, you will be able to re-purchase the product frequently without spending a huge sum of money and also if it turns out that this particular foundation doesn't work for you, or you got the wrong colour, then you wont have wasted a lot of money.
 
Again with a positive point, the bottle feels great quality as its made with glass. This obviously isn't a huge necessity but its always nice to have that little extra. Also, another point that isn't an essential, it that the foundation smells very nice!
 
I hope that you all enjoyed this little review and be sure to comment ideas for posts that you would like to see in the future. Also, share and like if you want more!
Oh and also comment below any other subjects that you would like me to add to my blog. I'm thinking of perhaps adding an art page but I'm not sure. Therefore, comment your opinions and ideas below to help! xx


Thanks everyone
SimplyMe


No comments:

Post a Comment