Tuesday 12 May 2015

Face of the Day | India Jasmine

If you head over to my instagram @simplymebloggin you will see a lot of the beauty and makeup related products that I use pretty much on an everyday basis.
 
However, in this post I'm going to show you what things I put together for a regular school day and basically what makeup I wore yesterday!
Anyway, lets get straight into it.

Firstly, I like to use a little amount of Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
This provides a matte finish on my skin to begin with, helping my foundation to last a little longer, and also gets it ready for my foundation as it provides a smoother base.
Today I wore my usual Revlon Colorstay foundation in the shade 150 Buff. It's definitely my great go-to foundation as it lasts a while on my oily skin but it also provides a medium-full coverage.
I use a beauty blender to obviously blend this into my skin. I focus mainly on problem areas such as my forehead and between my eyebrows.
Next, I used a small amount of Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair and I blend this into my skin, on top of blemishes still showing through, with my fingers.
Then I use Rimmel Wake Me Up under my eyes and blend with a fluffy brush.
To finish off my base makeup, I set everything with a small amount of Rimmel Stay Matte in 001 Transparent. I only like to use a small amount of this as it can make my makeup look powdery and cakey.
I then used my NYC bronzer in Sunny on the sides of my face and cheeks to obviously give the illusion of a more tanned face.
Using the Sleek Face Form palette in Light, I contoured my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow and then used to highlighter on my cheek bones and under my brows.

I finished up highlighting my nose and cupids bow with the lightest shade in an eyeshadow trio from MUA in the shade Pink Sorbet.
I decided to skip blush as I had a little more bronzer on my cheeks then usual.

For my eyes, I just used a matte white shade from my Revolution Iconic 3 Palette all over my eyelids as a base.

Then I took the shimmery pink, which is next to the white in the palette, and placed this in the inner corner, under my bottom lashes and across the first half of my eyelid.
This makes you look more awake and brightens up your eyes instantly.
I blended all this out with a fluffy brush and finished with my trusty 2True mascara in paparazzi! It provides amazing length and volume, while still lasting all day.
Next, I used the Rimmel Brow This Way Palette in 003 Dark Brown to fill in my eyebrows and give them a little more shape.
I then finished them off with a transparent brow gel to set them in place. I used Maybelline Brow Drama to do this!
To finish the whole look, I outlined my lips with the Rimmel Exaggerate Liner in East end Snob. Its a little dark for an everyday shade but I really like it so I decided to do it anyway!
Lastly, I applied some Baby Lips in Pink Punch and finished off with a Gosh Lipstick in the middle of my lips in the shade Angel.
Thanks so much for reading and please head over to my instagram, which is @indiajasmineblog and I am posting daily photo over on there!

India Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment