Tuesday 23 June 2015

Zoeva Rose Gold Luxury Brushes Review | IndiaJasmine


I posted a few photos on my instagram, which is @indiajasmineblog, (cheeky self promo) of the new Zoeva Rose Gold Luxury Brushes that I recently got for my birthday.
Many of you seemed to like these few photos so I decided that I would write a review on them!
This blog post may therefore be a little longer then normal.
 
Also, I'll be reviewing each brush individually with a little sum up of them altogether at the end.
 
This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own.
 
 102 Silk Finish Brush -
 
If you have been in the beauty industry for a while, then you have probably already heard of this incredible brush! I know that it has been talked about a lot and most people have already heard reviews on it, but I'm going to give my opinion.
 
Firstly, this brush, along with all the others, is beautiful and the overall design is amazing!
I use this brush to apply liquid foundations such as the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation, as I have found that using this brush works best with this particular foundation on my skin.
 
This brush blends out this foundation flawlessly, along with the Rimmel Lasting Perfection Foundation.
I find with many foundation brushes, such as the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, that it can leave my skin looking rather streaky and patchy. However, this brush does the complete opposite and blends seamlessly.

 
106 Powder Brush -
 
I personally feel like this brush hasn't been talked about as much as the rest, but I can see why.
 
I feel like if you had normal to dry skin, then this would be a nice brush for you. However, I have oily skin and instead of using this brush for powder I tend to use it for bronzer.
 
This is because the bristles of the brush aren't very compact at all and are rather spaced out. This makes putting powder on oily skin quite a chore as the brush hardly picks up any product. In the mornings I find myself having to back into the Rimmel Stay Matte 3 or 4 times to get my desired amount of powder.
 
However, with bronzer I find that this brush works very well.
Again, it doesn't pick up much product and therefore you get a really natural finish that you can easily build up.
As the bristles are not compact it means that when you blend out the bronzer, it doesn't disturb anything underneath, such as foundation or concealer.

 
110 Face Shape -
 
This beautiful brush is perfect for contouring, cream and powder! 
 
When I first saw this, I didn't think that it would be the right shape for contouring and shaping, however once I used it, I found that it was perfect.
 
This brush has a rounded shape, instead of a flat or angled one, and is similar to the silk finish brush but smaller.  
It's perfect for getting into the hollows of the cheeks and gives a quite dramatic finish as it picks up rather a lot of product. Therefore, make sure to use a small amount at a time and build it up slowly.
 
 
127 Luxe Sheer Cheek -
 
Like the Silk Finish Brush, I had heard about and seen this brush before I got gifted it.
Unlike the others, this brush has white bristles and therefore the pinks and corals of the blushes actually complement it and make it look stunning.
 
Along with the 110, I again thought that this brush had a slightly odd shaping to it.
It's slightly rounded but mostly angled and reminds me of the MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush as it has roughly the same shape.
 
Again, once I started using it, I found out that it was actually the perfect shape for where I like to place my blush.
The more rounded edge is amazing for placing colour on your cheeks to make them pop. However, the angled side is great for sweeping it up the tops of you cheekbones to compliment the look!

 
142 Concealer Buffer -
 
Sometimes I like to use a fluffy brush such as the Zoeva 227 to blend in my concealer as it gives a natural but well blended look to the face.
However, if I want a good brush that is really going to buff in my concealer and fully cover any spots or blemishes that peek through foundation, then this brush is perfect.
 
It's a great size for getting directly on problem areas, around the nose and under the eyes.
The bristles are quite dense and therefore gives a very full coverage but not cakey effect. However, the bristles aren't so dense that it's difficult to disperse product and blend it out.
 
 
 227 Luxe Soft Definer -
 
 This brush is commonly known for its similarity to the MAC 217 brush, however, quite a bit cheaper.
It's the perfect size and density to seamlessly blend out eye shadows. This brush makes any colour look incredible, although it could do with being slightly more rounded to give ultimate precision to the look.

Also, it picks up just the right amount of product. Not to much so it looks over the top with lots of fall out, but not to little that it takes years and years to intensify.

 
 231 Luxe Petit Crease -

Again, this is an eyeshadow brush.
However, the shape of it is very tapered and reasonably thin.

It's great for creating definition in the crease and diffusing transition shades. As this brush is tapered, it means that you have ultimate control over it and it can also be used to add small and precise amounts of dark shadow into the outer v.

The bristles are very close together and therefore applies colour in a very pigmented and intense way, so be sure to only use a little at a time if your working with darker shades.
As the brush hairs are close together, it can sometimes mean that it can feel slightly rubbery at times.
Clean you brushes regularly to avoid this happening.

 
317 Wing Liner -

This is the last brush in the whole set.
I have been using this brush for filling in my eyebrows and also occasionally for powder eyeliner. However, I haven't tried it with gel eyeliner yet!

When I used to fill in my eyebrows, I would find that they began to look block like because the brush I was using was reasonably thick.
Now that I've started using this, I don't find that happening at all as the brush is very thin.

The bristles on this are tightly packed and positioned in an angled way so that the product can be used in a way to represent little hairs in the brows. This then gives like effect of a fuller and neater eyebrow.


______________________________________________________

Overall, I definitely think that these brushes are definitely worth the money and I would recommend it to people who are in all different standard of makeup.
From beginners to working artists.

They are amazing quality and come in a beautiful travel case, which I like to store all my brushes in whilst travelling.

Products mentioned :

Zoeva Rose Gold Luxury Brushes
L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation
Rimmel Lasting Perfection Foundation
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Rimmel Stay Matte
MAC 168 Large Contour Brush
MAC 217

I hope that you all enjoyed this post and I know that it was longer than usual but I hadn't really been keeping up to my schedule to well so I thought that a post like this was definitely needed.

Make sure to comment any posts that you would like to see in the future down below and let your friends know about my blog if you think that they would enjoy it.

If I start to get more comments on my blog and reach 4000 on instagram then I might do a little giveaway for my followers so be sure the share with your friends!

India Jasmine
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment