Friday 26 June 2015

Beauty Haul / Mini Reviews | IndiaJasmine

On the 14th of June, which was my birthday, my best friend and I went on a huge shopping spree with our birthday money and vouchers!
I won't include anything that I got gifted for my birthday, only what I brought with my vouchers and money, that I am very grateful for!
I will be including a mini review for each product and what I think of it.
 
 Disclaimer | I am not trying to brag, boast or anything of the sort.
 
First is my favourite product I got, with is the MAC Crème Colour Base in the shade Shell.
I use this on the top of my cheek bones after doing the rest of my base, including contour and blush.
 
It gives the most beautiful glow but give the effect of coming from within the skin.
 
As its a cream, it looks reasonably natural but intense at the same time and as if its shining from within, as I said before.
 
I find that with a powder it can just look like a block of shimmer resting on top of the skin, whereas this doesn't look like chunky glitter or shimmer.
 
It catches the light so well and reflects it to give a natural and beautiful dewy effect.
 
Also, this was £15.50.
 
 
 
Next, I got the L'Oreal Infallible 24Hr Matte Foundation, which was £8.99.
 
I personally had heard a lot about this foundation before I tried it and was really looking forward to testing it out.
 
On the back it states that has a medium texture, high coverage and a matte finish.
I personally agree with the medium texture and the matte finish, however feel like this a buildable medium coverage
. I sometimes do actually prefer this over a high coverage as it means that it doesn't even look slightly cakey.
 
This stays matte until way into the day and when it goes shiny, it's only slightly noticeable.

 
Then I got the MAC Crème Cup Lipstick, as I have wanted this for a very long time.
 
Also, it cost me £15.50, like the cream colour base!
 
This is a Cremesheen lipstick and therefore it's very moisturising but pigmented at the same time.
 It doesn't last as long as the matte range but I don't expect that from such a moisturising lip product.
 
The Crème Cup shade is an everyday light pink, which is very wearable and pretty! It has blue undertones and therefore can give off that Barbie Nude. However, it is slightly dark for this.
 
I would really recommend this if you are looking for a new, easy but pretty, everyday nude pink!

 
I picked up the Maybelline Baby Skin in Pore Eraser.
 
I got this because again I had heard a lot about it, but also I wanted a primer that was going to provide a smooth and slightly silicone base, which I know not everyone likes. 
 
However, this can feel slightly greasy on my face if I don't let it sink in after applying but usually I just set it with a little of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder to provide a matte base.
 
This was £7.99 from Superdrug and I can really tell the difference when I forget to put it on and when I remember to!


Lastly, please check out my friends new blog!
I have a feeling that it's going to be great and it's going to be based on health, fitness, beauty, fashion and a little sport. So there's something for everyone!
Please go check it out here.
 
Please leave a product that you would love to try out below and share this with your friends!
I am also thinking about maybe doing a giveaway in a month or so, therefore I would like a few more readers to be in with a chance :)


India Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment