Thursday 19 November 2015

Simple Autumn Evening Look | IndiaJasmine


 
There are two choices for evenings - bold and smoky, or simple and natural...

As you can see by the title, today's makeup look is a simple, autumn, evening look.
Now, I'm not going to waffle on - so let's just get straight into it!
 
Firstly, you want to begin with your choice of foundation. My favourite is the Revlon Colorstay because it's quite long lasting, has amazing coverage and it's extremely blendable.
To blend this all over my skin, I used a damp beauty blender, which I wet down with water so that it doubled in size.

 
Once I had done this, I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer around my nose on any redness, on any blemishes and under my eyes. I then blended it in with my fingers as I find this works best because fingers are naturally warm.
 
 
 
After doing this, I very quickly took a large amount of the Gosh Prime 'N' Set Loose Powder on my beauty blender under my eyes. This is called baking and I talked about it in my contouring and highlighting post for beginners recently, which I will link here.
Then, I am leaving this to set while I do my eyebrows.

 
For my eyebrows I am using the Zoeva Wing Liner brush and the Rimmel Brow This Way Palette. I am not going to show how I fill in my eyebrows because I am planning on doing a brow routine in the next month or so!
Comment below if you would like to see this.

 
After doing my eyebrows and waiting another five minutes or so, the bake should be ready. So just use a fluffy brush to swipe away to excess product, which there is probably a lot of. For this I used the Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush because it's the perfect angle for getting under eyes and fluffy enough to gently swipe away the loose powder.
 
This bake should have brightened up the area and set it in place well.
 
 
I am then using the Maybelline Matte Maker Powder to set the rest of my foundation and concealer in place with a stippling brush, so that I can really pack lots on!

 
If any redness around your nose or from blemishes is still showing through slightly, use can take a little Mac Studio Fix Powder on a fluffy synthetic brush just to cover it over.
 
 
To contour, I used the left shade from the Sleek Face Form palette. As you will know, this isn't my 'go to' shade but it's still a nice contour colour. I took this on the Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush because it's angled and can fit under the cheekbones well.
Also, I took this around my temples as it works well as a natural bronzer shade, that has no harsh  orange undertones.



For blush, I mixed a tiny amount of the bright pink and bronzy tone from the Revolution Sugar and Spice Palette. Again, I just used the same blush.

 
Then, I took some of the Mac Cream Colour Base in Shell on the tops of my cheekbones and brow bone with my finger as the pigmentation is the best this way.
 
 
For my eyeshadow, I started off with 'Bow' all over my lid as a white base. To apply this, I just used a base shadow brush.
 
 
For my crease, I started off with a mix of 'Boxed' and 'The Mail'. I took this on a Zoeva Soft Definer and swept it through the natural crease of my eye using windscreen wiper motions to make sure that it's seamlessly blended.
 
 
Then, on a smaller, more precise, pencil brush I took 'Boxed' on it's own. I placed this in the directly in the crease and blended it subtly out.


To brighten up my inner corners, I took the purple toned highlight from the same palette I used for the brush and applied it to my inner corners with a small fluffy brush.
 
 
I used the H&M Liquid Eyeliner to create a thin line of eyeliner and a small flick on my eyes! This is adding a little more drama.


 
Lastly on my eyes, I applied a few coats of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara to my top and bottom lashes. This is to make sure they are really black and have lots of length and volume.
 
 
To finish off the look, I decided to go for a red lip, which I don't do very often!
 
Firstly, I lined my lips with the Barry M Lipliner in Red just to get the shape and precision. Then, I finished off with the Sleek Lipstick in Russian Roulette!
 
 
Then that's it!


 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment