Tuesday 24 November 2015

My Five Favourite Makeup Brushes | IndiaJasmine

 
I've spent ages talking about makeup and not much about the tools. Sometimes the brushes can be more important that the product itself...

 
I have done tons of blog posts recently based on makeup tutorial and routines. Now I want to step away from that a little and focus on the brushes section!
Today, as you can see from the title, I am going to be sharing with you five of my favourite makeup brushes. I'm not focusing on anything specific such as eyes or base, just all round makeup!
 
 
The first brush that I have chosen in my top five is the Zoeva Silk Finish Brush.
This brush has been talked and talked and talked about for ages in the beauty business but I just can't stop loving it!
This brush is only £11.50 online and it's amazing at blending foundation.
 
When I use this to blend in my foundation, I don't find that it leaves any streaks or markings. It just create a smooth, flawless finish.
 
The brush does get clogged with product quite easily but is easily washed and the bristles are still soft, bearing in mind I've had this brush set since June.
Also, it's rose gold so...


The second brush in my top five is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
 
This can be used in many different ways, such as - foundation, bb cream, contour, highlight, etc...
However, I have recently been liking it when applying my highlight because I usually go very overtop with this as it is one of my favourite steps to makeup.
 
Therefore, I use this brush to just blend in the highlight that I have already applied with a tapered brush, which as I said before I usually apply to much with.
The brush just tones down the product to a great pigmentation and blends out the edges well so that there is no lines.

 
This next brush is the last face brush in my top five and it's the Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush.
Again, rose gold...
 
This brush is amazing for blush as it picks up lots of product but never too much! It applies amazingly as it sheers the product out, giving you a nice flushed finish, never anything to heavy.
 
However, recently I have been loving to use this brush when I can be bothered to properly contour, which has been a lot, and just want a little added definition to my cheekbones.
 
I have been dipping the brush into the contour shade in the Sleek Light Face Form Kit and then just blending it underneath my cheekbones with the top end of the brush facing towards my mouth.
 
The shape of this brush is perfect as it's at an angle and therefore can fit directly into this area and also on the apples of your cheeks if you decided to use it for blush application.

 
This next brush is the Zoeva Petite Crease brush, which is an eyeshadow brush if you can't tell from the picture.
It's a pencil brush and therefore is amazing for precise eyeshadow application and blending.
 
The shape and size of this tiny little brush fit's into the crease of the eye to deepen the eyeshadow look and underneath the eye perfectly if you want the look a bit smokier!

 
The last brush in my top five is the Zoeva Wing Liner brush!
I'll start off my saying that this brush is actually incredible and it's only £5.95. If you don't have this then go and buy it now! You wont regret it.
 
This brush is amazing for filling in your eye brows because the bristles are so thin and compact that strokes actually can represent tiny hairs, in turn making your eyebrows look thicker and fuller!
 
Also, this brush is great for getting precision with a gel winged liner as the brush is so smooth and creates a smooth line in turn.
 
The only problem with this brush, I find, is that it gets clogged with product very easily but that's because it's so tiny!
 
What makeup brushes do you recommend? Leave them in the comments below :)
 
India Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment