Tuesday 1 December 2015

Festive Red Makeup | IndiaJasmine

 
It's now December so lets begin with a festive post...

To begin this look, I am priming my eyes with a concealer that is of my skin tone. For this I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, but any will do. This is just to cancel out any veins or discolouration on my eyelids and also to keep on my eyeshadow for much longer, stopping it from creasing.

 
Once I had blended in the concealer with my finger I am taking the Mac Studio Fix Powder in NC15 to set it in place and further prime and stop creasing. I am just applying this with a fluffy synthetic brush.

 
For my eyeshadow I wanted to do something quite bright and festive, so I went with a red/burgundy look. Firstly, I wet my brush to maximize the amount of product I picked up and it's intensity. For the red shade, I took the bottom left shade in the Revolution Sugar and Spice Palette because I thought that it looked like the perfect colour I was going for.


I am then using a Zoeva Soft Definer brush to blend out and diffuse the edges so that it was a smooth transition from my skin tone to the red shade.


Then, I decided to use a transition shade so that there was a better transition in my eyeshadow. For this, I used the same brush and dipped it in the NYC Sunny Bronzer because it was the perfect warm tone with orange undertones.

 
Then I decided that I wanted to darken up this eye look a lot and make it very smoky!
For this, I used 'Noir' from the Sleek Oh So Special palette on the Zoeva Petite Crease brush. I added this shade to my outer v and slightly through the crease to add definition.
 

I am then blending this out with the Zoeva Soft Definer brush again.


I then decided that I wanted to add some of the black into the inner corner so that the red was focused on the middle of the lid! Therefore, I took the brush and applied it in this area and blended it out.


Here I am just reapplying the red into the centre of the lid to intensity it slightly.


To further blend out the edges, I took 'Bow' from the same Sleek Palette on a fluffy synthetic brush and ran this over the edges. This is just going to make sure nothing looks blocky and everything is seamlessly blended.


I then took some of the NYC bronzer under my eye on the pencil brush. Also, I decided to add a small amount of 'Noir' to the outer half of my lower lash line. This is just going to add a little more definition.


In order to brighten up my eye, I am taking the highlight from the Sleek Face Form palette and applying it into the inner corner. I used a clean pencil brush for ultimate precision and this is going to make me look more awake!


In order to create some definition along my lash line and make my eye lashes look thicker, I took a liquid pen liner from H&M as it is currently my favourite. Keeping this quite simple, I just ran a thin line along my eyes.  


I didn't want to use tape for this look because I didn't want the edges to be too harsh. Therefore, I just decided to clean up the edges with concealer on my Bare Minerals Max Coverage Concealer Brush as it is flat. This is cleaning up the edges but it's not harsh or sharp.

 
And then I applied a red lipstick and that's the finished look!
 
What posts would you like me to write this December? Leave a comment below :)
 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment