Friday 18 December 2015

Christmas Day Makeup Tutorial | IndiaJasmine

 
It's almost Christmas...

As it's almost Christmas I decided that I would show you a makeup look, which I feel is fit for the day!
 
To begin with, I am priming my face with the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer. I'm applying this with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush because it allows me to buff the product in well giving a smoother finish.
 
 
To start off my base, I am taking the foundation that I most trust and works best on my skin!
As you will have probably worked out, I am taking the Revlon Colorstay foundation and applying it around my face using a damp beauty blender. In order to blend it in, I used bouncing motions, not dragging.


In order to further perfect and cover any blemishes and under eye circles, I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the lightest shade.
I applied this straight to my face from applicator underneath my eyes and around my nose. Then, I blended it out with my fingers as this works best for me and there is a natural warmth to fingers obviously, which helps with the blending process.


For this look I decided to bake my under eyes, however, this is an optional step.
In order to do this, I packed on lots of the Gosh Prime 'N' Set loose powder onto my damp beauty blender and applied in underneath my eyes.
This will set my concealer, prevent it from creasing and also brighten the area slightly.


I am leaving the bake to set whilst I do my eyebrows.
To fill them in I am first going in with the Benefit Brow Zings eyebrow kit and the Zoeva Wing Liner brush as it's very thin and can therefore represent hairs, in turn making your brows look fuller.



Next, I am going in with the clear Maybelline Brow Drama gel. This will set my brows in place all day, remove any excess powder and also emphasise my brow hairs.


Now I am taking a small synthetic brush and carefully brushing away the excess powder from the bake.


Now that my under eyes are set, I am going to set the rest of my face with the Maybelline Matte Maker Powder. I am applying a fair amount of this all over my skin with a flat topped face brush.

 
Next, I am contouring my face and to do this I am using the contour shade from the Sleek Face Form Palette and taking it on the Zoeva Face Shape Brush as it's just the right size for under my cheekbones!

 
I then went back in over top of the contour and blended it out a little more with a larger round brush to make sure that there wasn't any harsh lines.

 

I also decided to take a little of the contour shade around my non-existent jaw line with the larger brush to create some more depth and shadow.


For blush, I took the darker pink shade from the Revolution Sugar and Spice Palette. Because of the darker undertones, I thought that this would look nice with a wintery look.
I am first applying it to my cheekbones up to my temples.


Also, I am applying a little onto the apples of my cheeks to warm up the look a bit. This is because I decided to skip bronzer for this look.


I am using the same palette and taking the purple highlight on a tapered blending brush. Firstly, I am applying it underneath my brow bone to lift my eyes and brows.

 
Also, I am applying some to my cheekbones to enhance them and add some light back into my skin.
 
 
I then did the same on my cupids bow in order to make my lips look fuller!
 

Moving onto eyes, I am applying the Mac Paint Pot in Chilled On Ice as a golden base. I am just applying this with my finger as it creates the most intense and pigmented look.


For my eyeshadow brush, I am taking the golden shade from the Revolution Iconic 3 Palette and applying it all over my lid with a flat eyeshadow brush.


Make sure to brush away any excess shadow that drops down!
To do this I am using the Zoeva Powder brush as it's not very dense and is soft.


In my crease I am using the shade Boxed from the Sleek Oh So Special eyeshadow palette on the Zoeva Soft Definer. This is going to help with blending out the edges of the gold shadow I just applied and create a transition from the eyeshadow to my skin tone.


To really darken up the outer half I took the black from the same Sleek palette on the Zoeva Petite Crease Brush. I carefully applied the eyeshadow onto the outer portion of my eyelid and winged it out slightly into a triangle.


I am then just building up the colour to the intensity that I wanted!

 
Next, I am blending out the black eyeshadow with the Zoeva Soft Definer Brush to create a better transition between my skin tone and the shadow because I don't want it to look blocky.
 
 
Blending the eyeshadow means that it will loose quite a lot of it's pigment.
Therefore, I am reapplying the gold Revolution eyeshadow to build up it's intensity again.


I am then clearing up the edges of my eyeshadow to give it a more winged shape. To do this, I used the Bare Minerals Max Coverage Concealer Brush and the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation that I used earlier to perfect my skin.



Moving onto the bottom lash line, I took the black eyeshadow on an angled H&M Brush as it's thicker than the Zoeva one. I applied this underneath my eyes to give some more definition.


Then, I blended it out slightly with the Zoeva Petite Definer Brush to stop it looking so harsh.



In order to balance out the black on the lower lash line, I decided that I would apply a thin line of eyeliner to my top lash line. This will in turn make my lashes look thicker and fuller.

 
For mascara, I used the Benefit Roller Lash because it gives huge amounts of volume and length to my lashes, whilst being extremely black too.
 


To finish off is lips and for this I included to colours that you can tailor to your own choice.
The first choice would be a nude lip as it's more subtle and means that more attention is going towards the bold eyeshadow.
My choice of lipstick for this is Mac Fleshpot.



The next look is a bolder and more festive one as it's a red!
I firstly lined my lips with the Barry M Lip Pencil in Red. This means that I can get a more precise lip line for when I apply the lipstick.
However, on camera it's looking very pink but it doesn't look like this in real life.

 
My choice of lipstick was Sleek Russian Roulette, which as you can see from the photo below is bold and festive.


 
Thank you so much for reading and also comment below which lipstick choice was your favourite!
 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment