Wednesday 30 December 2015

New Years Eve MakeupTutorial | IndiaJasmine



Hello everyone!
As tomorrow is already New Years Eve (where has the year gone...) I decided that it's the perfect time to post a makeup look that I feel is perfect for events like this.
 
To begin with, I moisturised and primed my face. I've showed these products many times before so check back on some older blog posts to see what these are!
 
I then look a full coverage, matte foundation as it means that I will have the best chance of keeping my makeup in tack for the whole night. For this I used the L'Oreal Matte Infallible foundation in the second lightest shade as it meets these standards and I used a Zoeva Silk Finish brush as it works great with this foundation. In order to blend this into my skin well I used buffing motions.


For concealer, I am using the Mac Pro Longwear and pumping a very small amount of this onto the back of my hand as a little goes a HUGE way.
 I applied this underneath my eyes with a fluffy synthetic brush and blended it in with my finger to cover my under eye circles and brighten this area. Also, I did the same down my nose, on my forehead and on my chin, but I used the Silk Finish Brush again to blend it. This again will brighten and highlight these areas.



The only problem with this concealer is that it creases quite easily under eyes! However, this can be prevented just as easily with some loose setting powder. I am therefore baking with the Gosh Prime 'N' Set Powder and using my beauty blender to apply it heavily under my eyes.
I am also baking the other places where I applied the concealer, which is again just going to help to brighten the areas.




Whilst waiting five to ten minutes for the bake to set, I am filling in my eyebrows. For this I am using the Benefit Brow Zings in the shade medium brown and the brush that comes with it because it was easier to hand.  
In order to fill them in, I am using the brush to create small brush strokes that represent brow hairs.


I am then just quickly setting them in place with a clear brow gel. For this I decided to use the Maybelline Brow Drama.


After waiting a couple of minutes, I am carefully brushing away the excess powder from the bake with a little synthetic brush.

 
Then to set the rest of my face I am using a flat topped face brush and the Maybelline Matte Maker Powder. I am patting this onto my face to set my makeup as I don't want to disturb anything underneath.
 

Moving onto contour, I am using my usual Sleek Face Form Palette, however I am using more then normal and building up the colour.
To apply it underneath my cheekbones I am using the small Zoeva Face Shape as it's the perfect size.  
 

To blend it I used the Zoeva Silk Finish Brush from earlier, which is a larger version of the previous brush.


To bronze up my face I am using the Benefit Hoola Bronzer and the brush that it comes with as it's very soft and I find that it blends the product well.
I first applied this just above the contour I just did.
 

Then, I applied it around my temples and perimeter of my forehead.


And also around my jawline to define it a little more.


For blush I used the Sleek Face Form Palette and applied this on the apples of my cheeks and up my cheekbones above the bronzer.

 
To highlight my cheekbones, brow bone and nose I used the purple toned highlighter from the Revolution Sugar and Spice palette, which I talk about all the time. Along with this I used the tapered brush, which I again talk about again.
 

So that it isn't so streaky or unnatural, I took a rounded and slightly tapered dense brush and blended over it.


Moving onto eyes, I started by applying a base. I chose this eye gloss from Artistry in the shade "Fuchsia".


Next, I am using a clean synthetic eye brush to blend it out and create a slightly purple toned base for the rest of my eyeshadows.


For eyeshadow, I am packing on the shade Celebrate from the Sleek Oh So Special Palette. This is a dark purple plum shade with gold flecks of glitter through it.


I am blending out this out with the shade Boxed from the same palette and to do this I am using the Zoeva Soft Definer Brush to help the colour transition into my skin better.


I am lining my bottom lash line with the Zoeva Wing Liner brush and the same Boxed shade. This is going to make my bottom lashes look longer and also definer my bottom lash line. 


I am also blending it out slightly to give a more smoky effect.


As I haven't applied much to my bottom lash line in terms of eyeshadow, I decided to take a eyeliner. I used the Mac Coffee Eyeliner as it's brown and therefore softer than a black but still a darker shade than my natural waterline.

 
To finish off my eyes, I am using the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, which I have a review of here.


To finish the whole makeup look I am using the Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick, which is now my new favourite lipstick ever!




And that's it!
I hope you enjoyed and please let me know below what posts you would like it see in the next few months, but I have already been planning a lot too.
 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment