Tuesday 9 February 2016

Revlon Colorstay Foundation Test | IndiaJasmine

 

I posted a foundation test of the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation a week or two ago and it went down so well! Thank you all so much for that.
 
When scrolling through the comments I saw a request for the same type of post, but with the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. So that's what I'm going to be doing today!
 
I will also mention now that my skin type is oily, which is kind of gross but has to be said!
 
 
To begin with, I primed one half of my face because I wanted to see if the wear came out any better using a primer underneath.
Therefore, I used the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as one of the main ingredients in glycerin which makes products stick to it. I worked this into my skin until it went tacky.  
 
 
After almost a year of using this foundation I have come to the conclusion that it's definitely much better applied with a beauty blender.
This foundation is not meant for buffing into the skin. I have found that the formulation is much better when patted into the skin a little at a time so applying it in thin layers and building up to your desired coverage gives the best results.  
 
 
As you can see, the foundation doesn't set completely matte but is definitely not dewy ether.
Also, the coverage is pretty good, I would say it's a buildable medium. My skin is evened out but you can still see blemishes and spots through it so I used a concealer overtop.
 

After finishing the rest of my makeup this is what the foundation looks like. I doesn't drag when applying products on top of it ether.
I applied my foundation just before 11am so I will keep checking in throughout the day to show you how it's looking!

 
This next picture was taken at 3pm and is taken of the side with the primer underneath.
My skin has become a little oily around my nose and through my t-zone. However, apart from that everything is holding up well, with a tiny amount of caking around my nose.
 

 This photo is also 3pm but the side without the primer.
This side did become a little more oily around my nose but not anything too noticeable in comparison.
If this bothered you then you could always blot around this time or just use a quick dusting of powder to take away the shine.  


Lastly, this photo was taken at 6pm in the evening.
As you can see, some more shine and oil has appeared and some foundation has caked up around my nose.
Also, the coverage level has rubbed off a small amount over my nose and on my chin.

 
Overall, I would say that this foundation would wear best throughout the day for people with combination skin and slightly oily if you don't mind the shine developing or using a powder once or twice throughout the day.
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and make sure to comment your holy grail foundation below!
 
Link to my last foundation test post here.
 
Link to the foundation here.
 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment