Saturday 27 February 2016

3 Highstreet Primers | IndiaJasmine


 
A primer is something that can make or break your makeup.
Finding a good one is a little difficult but when you get one it can change your makeup's staying power and finish so much, for the better.
 
When people think of primers, there mind's will usually go to something unnecessary and expensive or a waste of money. However, today I'm going to show you 3 of my favourite drugstore/ high street primers and why I would recommend.
 
You might even find the primer you have been looking for all this time!
 

This first primer is from L'Oreal and, as you can see above, it's called the Nude Magique Blur Cream. Also, it currently retails at £9.99 from Boots, which is a reasonable price for how much you get.
I brought this in the airport in July and it only ran out a couple of weeks ago!
 
Firstly, this primer is meant to be used for smoothing out the skin before applying makeup. It gives a beautifully smooth and even canvas and is therefore this finish is going to reflect onto your makeup too. This primer states to contain micro-blur technology and this helps to blur away large pores.
 
Also, the 'Blur Cream' is available in light and medium, which isn't a lot of shades. However, once applied to the skin there is no colour to be seen so it makes no difference really. 
 
 I don't find that when I wear this primer my skin becomes any more oilier than it usually would, so it's perfect for all skin types.
 
But I also find that it doesn't prolong the wear of my makeup, however it doesn't state that this is a property anyway. Therefore, if you were looking for something to do this you will want to look elsewhere.

 
This next primer is perfect for those of you who are looking for something to prolong the wear of your makeup throughout the day or for an event!
If your into the beauty business then you have probably heard a lot about this product from various gurus, such as NikkiTutorials on YouTube.  
 
The Nivea Men Post Shave Balm is brilliant to use before applying your makeup because once worked into the skin it becomes quite tacky. This is because one of the main ingredients is Glycerin and it makes products stick to it.
 
It retails at £5.29 from Superdrug and you get 100ml too. Personally I feel like this is a great deal and will last you an extremely long time, as you don't need to use to much at a time!
 
Using this makeup my makeup stay in place so much better and I don't find that my skin becomes oily when I use it. Therefore, it again can be used for all skin types in my opinion.   


Lastly, the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer in Instant Pore Eraser. This primer is in a range of three different primers, which all have different purposes and uses. Also, it is currently £7.99 at Superdrug.
 
This primer promises to give smoother and poreless looking skin and I think that it does just that! Once applied to the face, makeup goes overtop so well and evenly.
 
The only down fall with this primer is that it feels silicone-like when applied. This means that it already feels quite silky and throughout the day it begins to move and slip around.
Therefore, if your looking for something longwearing that gives good staying power you may want to look at the Nivea Aftershave Balm above.
 
Because of this, I would say that people with oily skin would be better off using something else. However, dry and combination skin could definitely make good use of this.
 
-
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and also I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but I have my reasons.
Make sure to comment your favourite primer below and I'll see you next time.
 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment