Tuesday 12 January 2016

Mac Lipstick Collection | IndiaJasmine



Along with most people, I have a huge love for Mac Lipsticks. 
The huge variety of colours, finishes and simple yet beautiful packaging are only a few of the things that make these lipsticks so special.
Today, I thought that I would share my current five Mac lipsticks that I own with you, talk about the finishes and what I like about them!
With that said, let's get straight into it.
 
Crème Cup
 
 
The first lipstick that I'm going to talk about is Mac's Crème Cup.
As you can see from the photo above, it's a light pink shade so very wearable and perfect for an everyday look. Also, the undertone is blue but not such a bright blue such as St Germain or Snob.
 
The formula of this lipstick is crèmesheen and it's therefore very moisturising. However, this does mean that the shade isn't as overly pigmented, but definitely buildable, giving a cute pink 'sheen' to the lips. The lipstick also gives quite a high-shine, perfectly paired with a glowy, natural look.
 
 
Modesty
 
 
On the topic of crèmesheen, I thought that I would show you my other one.
This is in the shade Modesty and I would describe it as a neutral pink, which is quite muted with a slight brown undertone. It could be seen as a glossier and pinker version of the typical Kylie Jenner lip colour.
 
As I said before, this lipstick is a crèmesheen and therefore moisturising and nourishing on the lips. Again, the colour is reasonably sheer, but more pigmented than 'Crème Cup'.The colour can be easily built up to look quite pigmented and I have found that this lipstick pairs perfectly with the Mac Lip Pencil in the shade 'Whirl'.
 

Fleshpot


This next lipstick in Fleshpot was in fact my first ever Mac lipstick, reflecting the shape of the bullet and the state of the packaging...
 
This shade is a light beige with peachy undertones and I will just say now that if you have a darker skin tone than NC/NW25 in Mac shades then I would be very careful with this. As it's so light and beige toned, it could end up looking like 'concealer lips', which isn't a great look if I do say so myself. So just keep that in mind when purchasing.
 
The formula of this is Satin, therefore it's not completely matte or completely glossy.
I would describe it as semi-matte and long lasting, but very pigmented at the same time which you don't always get with Satin formulas.


Verve
 

This lipstick is also a Satin finish and is the darkest Mac lipstick that I own.
The shade is Verve and as you can se from the photo above, it's a muted brown with plum undertones which is my favourite lipstick shade! I think that it's perfect for all skin tones, it would look beautiful on darker, tanned skin but also really pretty on pale skinned people paired with a smoky eye look.

By this description, lots of people would find this shade too dark and vampy for them. However, the formula of this lipstick means that it's semi-matte and still moisturising with a hint of shine! Therefore, this lipstick is much easier to wear throughout the day.

Also, because of the darkest of this lipstick, it's quite difficult to apply so you may need to use a lip liner first!
 

Velvet Teddy

 
My last lipstick is probably the most well-known and well-loved across the beauty spectrum.
This shade is Velvet Teddy and it has the matte formula.
 
As you can see from the photo above, this shade is the perfect Kylie Jenner nude brown and very similar to the 90's brown, which I love! I would describe it as a deep muted pink with a tawny brown undertone. BUT WARNING, bear in mind that this lipstick looks different on each individual. This is the tone that I would descrive the lipstick because of my skin tone. However, others would refer to it as a red, a brown or even an orange toned lipstick.
 
Again, this shade, similar to 'Modesty', goes perfectly with the Mac 'Whirl' lip liner.
 
Unfortunately this is my only matte lipstick but they are probably of my favourite formula!
They are so long lasting and pigmented but the only downside to them, I find, is that this lipstick is quite drying on my lips. Therefore, it doesn't look pretty when it begins to flake off and you have to reapply it.
So, I wouldn't recommend this lipstick for times when you can't reapply throughout the day once or twice!
 

What Mac lipsticks do you own and what's your favourite?

India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment