Tuesday 22 September 2015

Autumn Essentials | IndiaJasmine

  Cinnamon candles, oversized jumpers, pumpkins, yay :) ...
As we are now almost officially into autumn (happy dance) I thought that it would be a great time to share with you some of my essentials for his time of the year when I finally arrives! This mostly includes makeup, but also some candles and a scent.
 
For this post, I'm going to be leaving out my favourite autumn lipsticks because I'm going to be writing a post dedicated to this in the future.
With that said, lets move straight on...
 
My favourite scent for autumn is always the Firetrap For Her perfume. I like to wear this in the colder months because the undertone is a warm sandalwood and has a more musky feeling to it. You could always spray this in other months because of the softer floral notes to it, such as jasmine and amber, however the undertones are great for autumn/winter.


I currently have two favourite candles for this season, which are from Primark and Yankee Candle.
The larger one from Primark is called Warm Winter Berry and it doesn't have a very strong smell unlike the other candle I will talk about. The colour of the Primark Candle is a beautiful red that sits perfectly in autumn themed rooms.
The second candle is Cinnamon Stick from Yankee Candle and it has a very strong, as you probably guessed, cinnamon smell. This scent reminds me of drinks in the colder more autumnal months.
 
 
Now lets move onto the last items - makeup.
 
My first favourite makeup product for autumn is the Gosh Prime and Set. This isn't specifically for autumn but I still thought I would mention it. This is horrible all over your face, but to set your under eyes and the concealer around this area, it works perfectly! It sets the concealer in place all day and helps to stop it from creasing, however, it doesn't stop this completely.
Also, it brings a lot of life into your face but still keeps it extremely matte, which some people might not like.
 

As you will all probably remember, my holy grail foundation is the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. This definitely carries on through the autumn as I don't find that it dries out my skin.
However, I do find that my foundation can look slightly dry and a little too matte.
 
 
To stop this from happening, I use some of the MAC Crème Colour Base in Shell to add a little shine and luminescence to the tops of my cheekbones, nose, brow bone and a tiny bit on my chin and then middle of my forehead. I apply this underneath my foundation to give a natural glow from within.
 
Next, is a eyeliner from Missy Sporty in 002 Solid.
This is a neutral brown shade that looks great on natural makeup days where you feel like you just need a little bit of smudgy and smoky effect.
It also acts amazingly as a dark lip liner for dark purple and berry lipsticks.
 
 
In autumn, more berry and plum toned makeup products come into fashion. Conveniently, this singular eyeshadow from Revlon is in the shade Plum! This is a great transition colour for a purple smoky eye and it really helps to blend out the rest of the shades on top.
 
My last makeup essential is the Revolution Eyeshadow Palette Iconic 3, which is the dupe for the Naked 3 Palette. The colours are all so amazingly pigmented and blend like a dream. Also, the colours consist of greys and gold. These are beautiful colours for autumn!
 
 
Autumn lipsticks and autumn look book collab coming soon so stay tuned!
What are your autumn essentials?
 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment