Tuesday 29 September 2015

Autumn/ Winter Base Routine | IndiaJasmine

 
I'm sure that everyone's makeup routine changes, even if it's only slightly, when the cold months come...

Today as promised, I'm going to be sharing my autumn/winter base makeup routine with you.
Leave a comment below suggesting any products that you love and might want me to try!
I have already filled in my eyebrows and done my eyeshadow to start with.
 
Firstly, I have obviously already moisturised my skin. I used the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser. This adds the right amount of moisture to my skin and makes it super soft.
I then used three primers, which may seem like a lot but I love to use them all as a trio.
 
 
The first one I use is the L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream. I apply this all over my face with my fingers to smooth out my skin. It does feel quite silicone-like to start with but once it has sunk in, that feeling goes away slightly.
Next, I use the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser around my nose and chin just to help fill in any larger pores.
Lastly, I used the Mac Cream Colour Base in Shell. I applied this on the tops of my cheekbones, my nose, brow bone, chin and forehead. This is just going to illuminate this areas and make them look dewy.
My skin tends to dry out a little in the colder months so this just helps to stop that dry and cakey look from happening to much.
 


Now for foundation!
I'm first using the Zoeva Silk Finish brush to blend it in all over my skin.
The foundations I am using are the Revlon Colorstay, which is my holy grail, and then the L'Oreal Matte Infallible.
Revlon Colorstay is quite yellow toned whilst the L'Oreal Infallible is VERY pink, so if you have yellowed toned skin I would definatley stay clear of these.
I like to take a mixture of both foundations because it creates a great colour, but also the L'Oreal foundation is very matte and quite drying. Therefore, I use the Revlon foundation to water it down slightly.
I love to use the Revlon foundation on its own too, it's amazing!
 
 

I am now just going in with my beauty blender to further blend everything out and stop it from looking at all streaky, which the L'Oreal Infallible Matte tends to do slightly.


Next, I am adding a little concealer around my nose, to cancel out the redness, on any blemishes and then under my eyes to brighten and cover any darkness. I am applying the under eye concealer in a triangle shape to enhance the slightly highlighted look.
I am using the Rimmel Wake Me Up because it has light reflecting particles so it with help to make my skin look more flawless.
 
 

I blended in my concealer with the Zoeva Concealer Buffer to help it look seamless.


Now I'm setting under my eyes with the Gosh Prime 'N' Set under my eyes to stop any creasing and keep my concealer in place. To apply this I just used a fluffy synthetic brush.

 

Next, I'm powdering my face with the Maybelline Matte Maker and the Zoeva Powder Brush to evenly dust this all over my face evenly. This is going to set all my makeup in place and help it to last all day.

 

Now I'm using the Mac Studio Fix Powder to cover any blue tones still showing through around my eyes. I used the Zoeva Concealer Buffer Brush again to do this.
 
 
 

Now I am contouring my face with the contour powder from the Sleek Face Form palette! I am doing this step to add some depth and dimension to my face. Creating these shadows is going to enhance my cheekbones, jawline and nose. To apply this, I am using the Zoeva Face Shape Brush, which is a dense and rounded dome brush that fits perfectly under my cheekbones.


 
 
 
To add a flush to my cheeks I mix three colours from my Revolution Sugar and Spice Palette. I took two brown toned shades and more peachy shade because I wanted a deeper blush for an everyday autumn look. I used the Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush as it's not too dense and the perfect shape. I took this blush up above my cheekbones as well as on the apple of my cheeks.

 
 
 
 
Then to add some more glow back into my face, I used the purple toned highlight in the Revolution Sugar and Spice Palette too. (You can see it in the photo above of the palette) It is very pigmented so you only need to use a tiny amount on the tops of your cheekbones and tip of my nose. To do this I just used a tapered fluffy brush. I'm pretty sure that it's actually a paint brush but there are obviously lots of makeup brushes similar!

 
 
To finish off, I used a little of the NYC Sunny Bronzer.  I applied this on my large Zoeva Powder Brush, around my temples, cheeks, forehead and a little on the nose and chin. This is just to warm up my skin a little and attempt to keep that holiday tan that's actually long gone!

 
 
Then I just finished off the rest of my makeup :)


Products Mentioned:
India Jasmine
 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment