Tuesday 11 August 2015

4 Rimmel Products I love | IndiaJasmine

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 
You can get so many amazing products from the drugstore, you just need to know where to look...
 

I hadn't properly noticed until now, but in the drugstore there are so many great products from a range of different brands!
 
So, I decided to scour through my makeup draw and see which brand I had the most products from. This resulted in me finding that I had 7 or 8 products all from Rimmel London!
I have picked four products that I love from this group and I'm going to share why I love them with you.
 
 
The first product is a staple that everyone knows about. This is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I have the shade 001, which is translucent.
 
Everyone and their goldfish knows about this product and most likely loves it!
Its great at setting makeup in place without it looking too cakey (unless you use a lot). Also, I don't find my face overloading with oil when I use this product.
The next product is a foundation and if you have been reading my blog for a long time then you might have heard me talk about this one before.
The Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation is a great foundation to have in your makeup draw!
 
At first I didn't like this foundation. This was because when I first got it I applied it with a buffing brush, which actually made the product settle into my pores and look cakey.
However, if you apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and start off with a primer first then it can look flawless!
 
I would say that it's a medium coverage but building it up might risk it to be cakey. Although, it shouldn't really have to be built up anyway.
 
The staying power of this is pretty good! The bottle claims that it lasts for 25 hours, which obviously isn't true. If it was then I'm sure that there would be people lining up out the door for it!
I feel like it lasts for just under 6 hours until it starts to break up and cake in places.
As these to products have been base products, I decided that the next to products should be from a different category.
 
 
I decided to go for my trusty Rimmel Brow This Way Palette.
This is the only thing that I have ever used on my brows as it works so well and never fades!
 
The little palette includes a wax and a power, which are both insanely pigmented.
I apply this with the Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush as it's very thin and angled to it's simple and easy to apply the product.
 
The product itself is very thin and therefore doesn't look too fake or clump up. It really can represent fine hairs and obviously, in turn, make your brows look fuller and thicker.
 
The only problem I have with this product is that the packaging isn't great.
It's reasonably sturdy but the plastic gets cracked and scratched very easily! 
The last product is a lip liner!
I chose the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip liner in East End Snob as it is the perfect colour and formula.
 
The colour doesn't look over the top but it's darker than my natural lip colour. To put it otherwise, it's the perfect Kylie Jenner lip colour!
 
Moving onto the formula...
It's a creamy texture but not slimy in the slightest. Also, it stays on for about 4 hours well and really helps any lipsticks, that are applied over top, stay on better.
Do you like Rimmel London?
 

India Jasmine 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment