Tuesday 20 October 2015

My 5 Favourite Autumn Lipsticks | IndiaJasmine

 
One of my favourite things about autumn is the colours. And when the darker lipsticks come into season, I make sure that I'm ready...
 
My first lipstick shade is a cherry red. To begin with I lined the outer rim of my lips with the Barry M Lip Liner in Red. This is going to help me with applying my lipstick afterwards and give a more precise and sharp line to the edges.
 

I then filled in the rest of my lips with a Sleek Lipstick in the shade Russian Roulette. As you can see, the colour of the lip liner to the lipstick matches quite well, but the lip liner is a little more pink toned.
This lipstick is very pigmented, however it is a little drying so you might want to put a lip balm underneath if you don't like the feeling of it. This does mean that it says on all day though!


The next lipstick is of a more glossy finish and moisturising texture. The colour is quite a sheer purple/red so can be easily worn on a day to day basis. It doesn't stay on as long as the other lipsticks but it can be chucked into your handbag and quickly applied through out the day as you don't need to be too precise with it. This product is from Avon and the shade is Russett Dream.


The next shade is a lot more vampy and dark.
To begin with I used a brown lip liner to create a smooth and precise edge for my lipstick. You could always use a dark purple to match the lipstick shade but I wanted a slightly darker outer edge to give a little more depth and volume.


To fill in the rest of my lips, I used a Gosh lipstick in the shade Twilight. This colour is a very deep purple and perfect for colder autumn days when you want something a little different.

 
This next shade is a dark berry red shade. It could be applied over a lip liner for a better line around the outer edge, but I didn't have a berry toned one light enough. This Revlon lipstick in the shade Black Cherry isn't completely matte so it is moisturising but does stay on your lips for a good amount of time.  
 
 
The last shade is a bright orange colour, which you may think is quite summery but I love wearing it in the autumn too! This lipstick is from Topshop, so it was £8 and it is the shade Infrared. The texture is very smooth and also the colour is quite pigmented, however, it can rub off and fade when drinking or eating.
 
 
What's your favourite autumn lipstick shade?
 
India Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment